Website Traffic Statistics
Vitamin B6

04 March 2008

Houston... We have a PROBLEM!

I decided to give turkey burgers another try. I've made them before and D and I BOTH went to McDonald's that night we hated them so bad. Turkey was on sale at Kroger last week for CHEAP CHEAP, and everything deserves a second chance! I LOVED them!! LOVED. D... only ate half of his sammie. I will admit that they were a little dry because I did over cook them, but I didn't think it was trash worthy. See.. since I've changed my way of eating-- they were delicious to me. D however... just couldn't cram it down. I thought this was interesting seeing as I used to be like that. I am very proud that I have changed my eating habits as much as I have. Although, there is room for improvement.

Dinner... Turkey Burgers, Fruit Compote, Sweet Fries and a Salad with Ken's. Now for the breakdown. I seasoned the turkey burgers with Ms. Dash Table Blend Seasoning....YUM! I just cannot see putting mustard and ketchup on turkey.. so there was no way I was going to put it on a turkey burger. Thus. I decided to make a little fruit compote...or at least that's what I am calling it. I put 1/8 c dried cranberries, 2 dried apricots, and a few apple slices in a pot with 2 tablespoons of natural unsweetened apple sauce.... YUM-O (sorry to borrow from Rachel Ray) Delish.. so deslish. D was in charge of getting the buns last night and I wasn't happy with his findings. He brought home Whole Wheat Buns made with High Fructose Corn Syrup!! Something I would never have bought, since I am trying hard to look for things like this. Oh well...better luck next time. We also had sweet fries, which are just sweet potato fries cooked at 400 until they're done. No science to that! They were Great!!

I forgot.. today around 4:30, I was happy to snack on peanut butter and a sweet gala with a nice cup of green tea after the snack.

I feel sicky so I am going to take some meds, ear drops, and call it a night. Of course I plan to read!

No comments: