Website Traffic Statistics
Vitamin B6

29 February 2008

Fiesta!


I have made fajitas a few times before and I mean they were good-- but these were GREAT! I used to cook the chicken and the veggies on the stove top... this time I decided to grill the chicken on the George Foreman then add them to the veggies... huge difference as you can imagine! Now for the tortillas.... I have had whole wheat low carb-o tortillas in the past and they are for the birds! Literally.. they're grainy and birds would love them. I was just not eating those again. While looking for a better tortilla choice, I saw only TWO packages of La Tortilla factory Whole Wheat Tortillas left... they were expensive (over 3 dollars for 10 tortillas!) but I decided if everyone was buying them over everything else, they were worth a try! (after all.. the shoppers all left me with the crummy cool whip!) Hopkinsville knows best this time! The tortillas were WONDERFUL! I planned poorly because we had no lettuce and I LOVE a little fajita with my lettuce, but we managed. I had 2 tortillas and spread a little bit of cream cheese on them (because I prefer it to sour cream) and a bit of fajita chicken. I also had a cheese stick although I could have done without it. I also got to eat dinner with my husband!! He had a few hours off between jobs so he came home to eat dinner with me.. what a sweet kid. I sure do love him. After I cleaned the kitchen, I brewed my favorite cup of Prince of Wales Tea to sip on as I wrote my blog.
Okay.. off to do some laundry and light cleaning before bed.
See yas for my oats in the AM! (If Gilbey remembers to bring home the milk!)

No comments: